First, a disclaimer.
I have no idea what I’m doing. I take a lot of pictures, so there’s some lessons learned and some getting better by sheer, brunt-force practice. But, I’m not a pro. I’m an enthusiast. Or rather, a very enthusiastic novice.
Now that that’s out of the way… Here’s my gear plan:
- Canon EOS 6D Digital SLR
- Backup: Yikes, I don’t know yet. Maybe I’ll rent a 5D MKIII and use the 6D as a backup...
- iPhone 6 + Moment Wide Lens
- Fujifilm Quicksnap 800 Waterproof 35mm Disposable Camera
- ND8 Graduated filter
- 812 Warming filter
- Polarizing filter
- EWA Marine Bag for underwater shots
- 4 Batteries & 2 battery chargers
- A bunch of microfiber clothes
- 10 memory cards
- Ziplock bags
- Lots of Gura Gear Et Cetera Pouches
- Joby Gorillapod (maybe)
I picked this gear based on lots of research and talking to people who are legit photographers (thanks, Ira Meyer, Steve Boyle, Martin Bailey, and many more!). Ultimately, taking too much stuff makes travel cumbersome and difficult, so I’ll have to choose a small subset of this gear each day for a happier me and happier photos.
What about you guys? People who have been and people visiting soon… what are you bringing?